The Clinic + Initiative Overview
NCSD’s Clinic+ initiative reimagines STD clinics for the future by creating a national network of STD and sexual health clinics and building the capacity of these clinics through peer-to-peer sharing and exchange of best practices, including HIV PrEP, TASP, and PEP.
In early 2018, NCSD launched Reimagining STD Clinics for the Future. The focus of this national initiative is to build the capacity of public and private STD clinics across the country and advocate for the resources needed to meet the demands of their front-line work to reduce STD infections and promote sexual health.
Components of this initiative include:
- Completing a thorough assessment of public and private clinics – from location and infrastructure to billing practices and the range of services they provide
- Acting as a national voice to advocate for STD clinics and the resources needed to curb the STD epidemic
- Building capacity for STD Clinics and providing technical assistance for third-party billing, implementation of new diagnostic technologies, PrEP prescription and management, and more
- Creating training content and other resources to help clinics implement best practices
- Implementing a community of practice for STD clinics
Apply for Free Syphilis Tests for your Clinic
For STD Awareness Month, NCSD, in partnership with Diagnostics Direct, is donating 2,000 free Syphilis Health Check™ Tests. Apply today!
PREP & STD TESTING GUIDELINES FOR CLINICAL CARE PROVIDERS
A resource to help STD clinics and health care providers better understand the crucial need for regular and periodic STD screening as part of the standard of care for patients on PrEP.
STI Pipeline Study
This study from TAG identified that the current toolbox for addressing gonorrhea, chlamydia, and syphilis is inadequate, and that clinics must play major role.
Extragenital STD Screening Call to Action
A Call-to-Action and supplemental infographics encouraging improved STD screening of MSM, specifically of the throat and rectum.
PrEP Telehealth Infographic
This resource is for jurisdictions interested in implementing telehealth for PrEP in their states or localities.
CDC Screening and Treatment Guidelines
An easy to use STD Treatment Guideline chart for STD programs and clinical providers.
MSM Standards of Care
This resource expands on the 2015 STD Treatment Guidelines for providing clinical care for MSM.
Additional Resources from NCSD
Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, and Syphilis Pipeline Report 2019 This may be more policy and research focused, but it’s still related to clinical work and I think of interest to providers.
Straight Talk Guide: Counseling Patients about External Genital and Perianal Warts (I noticed a typo in the title. Genital is spelled incorrectly)