This 3 Day STI Overview course is open to health educators, counselor outreach workers and others to describe STIs in the community and through faculty modeling, demonstrates the methods for delivering this information to clients being served.
This 3 Day STI Overview training program will educate the providers regarding the sign, symptoms and how the various STIs are transmitted. This will educate the providers to pass the correct information onto their clientele. This will inform the providers about the scope of the problem and the resources available to address it.
At the conclusion of the session, the participant will be able to accomplish the following:
1. Describe most recent epidemiology for reportable STIs in the United States and locally
2. Identify the common bacterial or antibiotic treated STIs, including but not limited to GC, CT, Syphilis, and Trichomoniasis.
3. Identify the common viral STIs including viral hepatitis, Herpes Simplex Virus, Human Papillomavirus and Human Immunodeficiency Virus
4. Describe at least 2 population factors increasing one’s risk for acquisition of STI
5. Discuss provider skills in sexual health service such as taking a sexual history and understanding partner services
6. Demonstrate effective team skills by effectively sharing information about STIs, listening and responding to feedback from others, and using simple communication.